The Naledi Theatre Awards have been in existence for 13 years and are recognised as the Premier Awards event on the Gauteng Theatre Calendar. Its mission is to recognize and reward excellence in the Performing Arts, to raise the profile of Live Theatre and to create awareness of the abundant talent alive and well on our SA stages.The Naledi Theatre Awards has honoured 62 Lifetime Achievers: veteran artistes, technicians, and administrators who have dedicated their lives to SA Theatre, and also pays tribute to people in the Arts who have taken their final bows during the year under review.The Naledi Theatre Awards covers all mainstream professional productions from the period 1 January - 1 December of the previous year and the Naledi Judges typically evaluate over 70 productions in approximately 27 categories. The Naledi Panel of Judges consists of informed and regular theatre goers, academics and members of the media covering the arts in Johannesburg.
- To recognise and reward excellence in South African professional Live Theatre and the Performing Arts
NALEDI STRUCTURE :
- To raise the profile of South African Theatre.
- To stage a World class Ceremony annually including entertainment from productions staged during the year under review.
- To become branded as the most respected award system for Live Theatre in South Africa.
- To hold a mirror to live theatre in SA and reflect what is staged on our Professional stages during each calendar year.
- To sustain a national television media partner and thereby further popularize the Performing Arts Industry to a wider cross section of the population.
- To build new audiences of the future who will become regular theatre-goers.
- To recognize and reward young emerging producers and performers.
- To recognize Theatre for Children and Young Audiences.
- To identify and secure partners for Funding and Sponsorship in order to sustain and grow the Naledi Theatre Awards in all these spheres
- Naledi is registered as a Section 21 Company (Reg# 2005/043456/08).
- Naledi is registered for VAT: 4120245073
- Naledi Board of Directors