Naledi Theatre Awards:
Criteria for Judging and Eligibility:
- Theatre Sound Design
- Theatre Lighting design
- Theatre Set design
- Costume Design (Play or Musical)
- Production for Children and Young Audiences
- Performance by a Newcomer/Breakthrough: Male/Female (Brett Goldin trophy)
- Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role/Cameo (Play or Musical)
- Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role/Cameo (Play or Musical)
- Performance in a Musical: Male
- Performance in a Musical: female
- Best performance in Musical/Revue
- Musical Direction
- Musical score/arrangements
- Original Choreography (Musical or revue)
- Cutting Edge Production
- Ensemble Production
- Performance by an Actress in a Lead Role
- Performance by an Actor in a Lead Role
- Best Ensemble Production
- Director: Play or Musical
- Production of a Play/Comedy
- Best New South African Script
- Production of a Musical (Joan Brickhill trophy)
- World Impact Award: a Production, Producer, performer or writer who has taken SA Theatre to the World and made an impact that raises the bar of how SA theatre and practitioners are viewed, recognised and applauded.
- TMSA Life Time Achievement Award(s)
- Executive Director's Award (for outstanding contribution to South African Theatre)
* More detail and clarity at the Naledi Forum »»
- The Naledi Theatre Awards is open to all Professional Theatre Productions staged at a main stream venue in Gauteng by a professional Management.
- Naledi recognizes professional South African Artistes, Producers and Creators.
- Overseas Directors, designers and actors are also eligible if the creative work is done in SA.
- No Student Productions are eligible whether they utilize certain professionals or not.